Sunday, October 1, 2017

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Iced Coffee!








It's time for a new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!






The LEAD of this challenge will be invited to be a guest designer in an upcoming challenge!



For my card I started with some watercolor paper and my Kuretake Gonsai Tambi Watercolors.     To follow along with this week's CASE this Sketch ChallengeI water colored stripes of black, bronze, and gold on the diagonal.   I waited for the colors to dry, then die cut the word "coffee" from the  lines using Verve's Coffee Word die along with a plain white word using watercolor paper.



Next, I added the stripes section to a cardfront.  I stacked the two words and inlaid them.  I stamped the word "perk" from Verve's Better With You stamp set.




I then die cut and stamped three cups using Verve's Happiness in a Cup die set and Fill My Cup stamp set. I watercolored using Ranger Distress inks in pumice stone, candied apple, and brick red.  I layered on the card using some foam tape for added dimension.  I finished my card with some watercolored splatters and three black gems.








Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs 
for more inspiration!







As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

3 comments

  1. Super fun take on the inspiration photo and on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bold watercolored stripes on this card plus how you used the diecut words on them. Good job with the sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fabulous, Betty! Love those watercolor stripes and the inlaid die. So cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.