Sunday, March 20, 2016

Hello and Celebrate!






Happy Sunday!  It is cold and cloudy here in our part of North Carolina today.  After spring temps last week, sporting sandals with a fresh pedicure, and capri pants, I am back to pants, long sleeves, and socks today.  We even had to turned the heat on.  Bummers!  On the bright side, it was a perfect day to get crafty!   I have two cards to share today!




For my first card I am playing along with this week's ColourQ Challenge.  When I saw these wonderful hues of greens, I remembered some watercolored "practice" papers I created a few weeks back just playing around.  I went through my stash and decided I could use this background.  The colors worked perfectly.  I also decided it was time to use my PTI Sweet Speech.  I purchased this set a few months back on the Buy/Sale Forum at PTI.  Naturally, I cannot make a card without mixing a few sets, so I used PTI Flower Favorites for the butterflies, and Sentiment Splits for bottom sentiments. I finished my card with some silver thread and a few sequins.  I even put some wink of stella on my butterflies.  I am also playing along with City Crafter Challenge:  Make It Green. 







For my second card I am playing along with this month's Papertrey Ink Create Along With Us Challenge.  I chose to case Dawn's card HERE!  I just fell in love with this color combo.  I used the Spring Woods set like Dawn for my background.  This card is also very CAS, so I am playing along with this week's The Paper Players Clean and Simple Celebrate Spring Challenge. 

 


Dawn's Card






I had to improvise for the rest of the images.  I used Birthday Cheer for the sentiment in red and framed with Outlined stamp set in raspberry fizz.  I die cut the largest Scribble in white to give me some loops behind the sentiment.  I sponged the edges of the berry sorbet card stock with hibiscus burst.  I finished my card with a few clear sequins.

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty


18 comments

  1. Hmmm, I wouldn't call your green watercolored background "practice" because to me it's beautiful. Betty, you rocked that challenge using green hues. And, your Spring Woods Celebrate card is a great spin-off of Dawn's. Love the Scribble die cuts beneath your sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are stunning and beautiful! I love the watercolor effect on your first card! I love the scribble on the second card! By the way, we had a mini-summer in Texas, too. But our first day of spring was chilly! Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are simply lovely Betty! I love the shades of green in your water coloring...very striking with the black accents! And your re-creation of Dawn's card is fabulous! I love the tone on tone look to the background and the pop of white with the scribbled circle die...absolutely beautiful!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty, both of your cards are just beautiful! I love the fresh greens of your first card, and how you were inspired by the floral branches on the second. So happy you played along with us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two amazing creations Betty! You create with so much flair! Fresh and vibrant!
    Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both your cards, Betty!!!! The first one is absolutely FABULOUS!!!!
    Have a great week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards!! I absolutely adore that green one! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely green card, Betty, amazing how many ways that green still comes up looking spectaular! So glad you played with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Howdy friend....your CQC card is fabulous...love how you used the colors! 2nd card is awesome too...! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Betty! Love it all. Perfect to celebrate Spring. Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are beautifully Betty. Your green hues are perfect, and I love that watercolour background and the CASE of Dawn's card is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...two simply gorgeous cards Betty!!! I love that wonderful green card, just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally smitten with that first card, so bold and artsy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. EEEEkkk - these are gorgeous!!!! Love your watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning, Betty! That green water coloring is amazing! Would have love to watch a video of you making that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on being crowned, colourQ colourQueen. Betty, your card is so beautiful. You did a great job with making all of those greens work together =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.