Saturday, February 28, 2015

Happy Birthdays and Warm Thoughts!






Happy Saturday!  The snow is melting!  Yay! I guess we are back to school next week.   We have been less than 2 1/2 days in two weeks!  I am ready for routine again that is for sure!   I did have some time this morning to get crafty.




For my second card I am playing along with a few blog challenges.  I am using The Color Throwdown colors.  I am using the sketch from Try Stamping on Tuesday.  Isn't this the coolest sketch?  Love it!  I also used the inspiration for patterns from Fusion Card Challenge.  
For my cards I am using MFT Stamps Products unless otherwise noted.  I started with MFT smooth white, gumdrop green, cotton candy, kraft, and razzle berry card stocks.   I die cut the kraft card stock with Inside and Out Diagonal Stitched Rectangle Stax.  I used versa mark ink pad to swipe around the entire panel before I stamped  with Happy Birthday background stamp using Sweet Tooth pigment ink.  I think it creates depth and richness for the words to pop even more.  I used Stitchable Dots Circle Stax, Blueprints 15, and Blueprints 18 inside out stitched circle elements to die cut the background pattern to work with the sketch.  I used Darling Dots stamp set on the cotton candy circles in versamark, fine check background on the razzle berry circle with razzle berry ink, and pinstripe background on the gumdrop green circle in gumdrop green ink.   Next, I die cut the larger stitched circle using the circle elements from Blueprints 12.  I used Fine Chevron Cover Up embossed  for some added dimension and pattern.  I used some foam mounting tape to pop up the circle element.  Then, I die cut black licorice sentiment strip using Blueprints 20.  I inked with versamark and white heat embossed the sentiment from Celebrate Big stamp set.  I used some more foam mounting tape to pop up the sentiment strip.  I finished with a few clear sequins.



For my second card I am playing along with this week's MFT Weekly Sketch Challenge, The Colour Q, and Seize the Birthday "Anything Goes!" 





   For this card I started with MFT smooth; white, blu raspberry, limeade, wild wisteria, and orange fizz. The card base is smooth white. I die cut another white panel using Blueprints 15. I die cut each of the colors using Fishtail Flag Stax die namics. I stamped the blu raspberry flag using fine check background in
sweet tooth pigment ink. I stamped the smaller orange fizz flag using Darling Dots stamp set in sweet tooth pigment ink. I stamped the limeade using More Washi Patterns stamp set in versamark. I used diagonal stripe background on the wild wisteria flag using wild wisteria ink.

For the larger orange fizz flag I used Spotlight Sentiments in sweet tooth pigment ink. I used versamark to add some dimension and shading to each strip. I stamped the "Birthday" from Happy Everything stamp set. I die cut the Happy die namics using Ranger Silver Foiled card stock. I finished with some loose thread behind the die cut word and some silver sequins.










I actually made the third card last weekend.  I could not decide if I liked it or not.  It almost landed in the discard pile.  I looked at it again today and decided to post it.  Let me know what you think? 

For this card I started with MFT smooth white, berrylicious, gumdrop green, and lemon drop card stocks.

The card base is smooth white.  I die cut the gumdrop green and berrylicous panels with Blueprints 14 stitched panel.  I die cut the gumdrop green with stitched snowdrifts die namics and created a grassy hill.  I used Blueprints 13 to die cut the pinking circle element to create a sun.  I also used the stitched frame from Blueprints 14 to finish the edges to match the background. I die cut and stamped the three bunnies from Somebunny stamp set onto Neenah Solar White card stock using Hybrid black licorice ink and die cut using Somebunny die namics.  I colored wall three with copics.  I used some hemp cord to create a "jump rope." I stamped the clouds that come in the set using sweet tooth pigment ink.  I lightly accented the edges with a pale blue copic.   I finished the card with a sentiment from Cozy Greetings stamp set using Hybrid Black Licorice ink.  For this card I am playing along with Simon Says Monday and Simon Says Wednesday Challenges.  Both are "anything goes."



As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty




19 comments

  1. These are all wonderful!! Love the use of CTD colors and sketch!! The added detail around the circles is wonderful!! So glad you played at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto the above - these are all absolutely stunning! I think you may have sold every MFT product to me on the first lol and I love the design of the second. Such a great way to use the colours. Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these are so adorable! Love the stitch-looking circles on the first one! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of pretty cards! Love the circles in the first, the flags in the second and those cute bunnies in the third....great job! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these are beautiful, Betty!!!! Love the vibrant colours you've worked with!!! The 3rd one is super cute - good thing it didn't land on the discard pile!!!!
    Have a great Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow!! your very talented. Love them all. Thankyou so much for joining is at Try Stampin on Tuesdays, hope to see you again Lynda DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty...what a fabulous trio of cards. I love each one of them The bold and beautiful colors make your card shine. Off to pin them...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning work!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three stunning cards Betty, each so unique and different. Always a treta to visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Betty, all three cards are adorable! I particularly like the little bunny set. So cute. However, as a DT member for Try Stampin' on Tuesday, I most noticed your sketch challenge card. I love the circles and especially the punched out dots around the circles and added sequins. It's a fun, colorful and cheerful card. Thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are so fun and colorful, Betty! Love them! For your first card I love how you cut out the circles and inlaid them with a different color, and your designs around them...so cool! Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.
    Sara H.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for joining the sketch challenge at Try Stampin' On Tuesday. Your cards are colorful, so well designed, and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Betty, I absolutely love your circle card! It is perfect in every way! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your colors are amazing! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Betty, theses are just fabulous cards my friend! Love your take on the CQC...thanks for joining us ❤️!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic set of cards Betty. Love the rich colors on the first card. Those circles with the stitched and dotted lines are amazing. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown. Such a cute scene on the last card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing selection of cards love all of them.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful collection of cards in your post, Betty! They are all super-adorable. The layered circles for the Fusion Challenge looks so great on the dark kraft background. Thanks so much for joining the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have such STYLE, Betty! The silver "happy" makes my heart sing.

    Susan R. Opel, Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.