Friday, August 15, 2014

This Hope! VLV Weekly Sketch!





Happy Friday!  It is time for week 3 of Verve's Viva La Verve Sketches.   Stacey Schafer is the host this week!  She has a sketch + inspiration this week.  Check out the VLV Blog for more details and inspiration!



For my card I am using Simple Stories DIY Boutique designer papers.   I used Verve's Strong Anchor along with Verve's Cut Above Nautical, Occasion Frame, and Rounded Scallop Frame die sets.  I decided to emboss the Nautical elements in white. I finished my card with Verve's Shine Bright Sequin Mix.  

In keeping with the text background I chose this fun patterned paper.  I decided to go with this wonderful scripture and mimic the chalkboard look since inspiration does have a chalkboard.  I used red accents and embossed the Nautical elements in white on red. I added some stamped red rope frames behind the focal point.  I added a red floss bow. 

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

9 comments

  1. Such a wonderful take on the sketch with awesome inspirational wording. Loving the text in the background.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tire of this set. Fabulous use of it for the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome !
    Very good take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card I love the colours and looking forward to playing with this weeks sketch

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card Betty, and so much fun too!
    Thanks for popping by to say HELLO! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love everything about this! The word paper and all the white embossing are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Betty. I love that background paper and your sentiment, just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Betty! Your card is simply beautiful! I love the pretty paper & the fabulous scripture.

    Thanks for the sweet comments you've left on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.